Baroque is yet another trend for Autumn/Winter. Standing in stark contrast to the economic gloom of the last few years, the design houses feel its time we embraced luxury and opulance. Key elements of this revival are:
- Embroidery, needlepoint and tapestry.
- Rich fabrics like velvet, leather and silk brocades.
- Gold, gold and more gold. Gold hardware, gold embellishments, gold thread.
- Ornate patterns that preference symmetry over assymmetry and curves over hard lines.
- References to artworks, sculpture, interior design (don’t be suprised if some garments make you think of grandiose staircases or antique wallpaper)
Which brings us onto this baroque inspired creation from Jonathan Astons. Already featured in Vogue magazine these luxurious tights are super soft and opulant to boot. 50 Denier. Click for styling inspiration.